The Performa Premieres program, launched in 2009 with artists including Tacita Dean, William Kentridge, and Joan Jonas, presents exceptional live work that has never been seen in New York. Working closely with each artist, Performa finds the perfect venue for every project, tailoring it especially for the unique context of New York City.
- Saturday, November 19, 8:00 pm
- Sunday, November 20, 3:00 pm
- Sunday, November 20, 8:00 pm
- Monday, November 21, 8:00 pm
For his Performa Premiere, Robert Ashley—a pioneer of opera-for-television and mixed media musical theater—will present That Morning Thing (1967), an opera in three acts for men’s and women's speaking voices and eight dancers.
- Tuesday, November 15, 6:30 pm
A six course menu of recipes ranging from a Futurist dish to cheeses based on Sol Lewitt’s “Forms Derived from a Cube.”
- Friday, November 4, 5:00 pm
- Saturday, November 5, 12:00 pm
- Sunday, November 6, 12:00 pm
A unique interactive experience that radicalizes the history and future of dance through a "museum of dance" comprised of gestures, projects, bodies, stories, and dances.
- Thursday, November 3, 8:00 pm
- Friday, November 4, 8:00 pm
- Saturday, November 5, 8:00 pm
Comic-strip dance adaptation of George Herriman’s Krazy Kat, a love triangle between a cat, a mouse, and a dog.
- Wednesday, November 16, 8:00 pm
- Thursday, November 17, 8:00 pm
A surreal four-part video series combining sculpture, language, and domestic power dynamics.