In 2011, Performa explores the blurred boundaries between conceptual art and stand-up comedy. Through artist projects, evenings in a Times Square comedy club, and a curated weekly film program that takes us through the 1960s to now, Performa curators Defne Ayas, Mark Beasley and Lana Wilson take on this very serious subject.
- Wednesday, November 2, 9:00 pm
Rare documentation from 1973 of one of Lenny Bruce's last performances.
- Thursday, November 3, 9:00 pm
The first-ever comedy concert film, and still arguably the best, Richard Pryor: Live in Concert.
Performa Ha!Reggie Watts, Dina Seiden, Hennessey Youngman, Lumberob, Bedwyr Williams, Club Nutz and house-band Title TK and Michael Smith
- Sunday, November 6, 9:00 pm
- Sunday, November 13, 9:00 pm
- Sunday, November 20, 9:00 pm
Three Sundays of conceptual jokes by artists, stand-up comedians and musicians.
- Monday, November 7, 7:00 pm
Featuring the work of two groundbreaking 1970s comedians: Albert Brooks, and Andy Kaufman.
- Tuesday, November 8, 7:00 pm
Several 1970s California-based artists making humorous minimalist videos.
- Monday, November 14, 7:00 pm
A program of rare work by artists who made serious attempts to crossover to comedy or vice versa.
- Tuesday, November 15, 7:00 pm
Short works by some of the artists and stand-up comedians working between these two disciplines today.